Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Electric Orange here I come

Just last week when I wrote about Bank of America raising their ATM fees I said how I think banks are evil. It's true. I have thought that for some time now.

My favorite evil thing that banks do is post checks and what not before posting credits on your account. And it doesn't seem to matter if you made the deposit at 4 in the afternoon. Come midnight they will post all the checks that came in and then post the deposit.

I have been thinking for some time now that my bank is actually hold deposits that I make from PayPal or from my ING account and not posting them until they get a chance to hit me with an NSF fee. I say this because the time it used to take for these things to show up has now gotten twice as long and sometimes takes even longer. And when this happens there is no holiday or weekend that can explain it away.

It happened to me on Friday. Well, it won't happen again, I tell you that now. I was super mad when I saw the NSF fee on my account so I looked into the Electric Orange account. I totally could have used that $30 for something else.

It only took maybe a minute or two to sign up for Electric Orange checking since I already had a savings with ING. And now all I have to do it wait for the debit cards to arrive. Then I have to work on transitioning everything over to the Electric Orange account. And once that happens...

The other account gets closed. Oh yeah.

Unfortunately I think it will take a month or two for me to get all auto debits and whatnot transitioned over to the new account.

I really should have done this sooner.

No comments: