Wednesday, September 19, 2007

and I thought I had a lot of debt...

From now on when I start thinking about my debt and how it is a large number all I need to do is think about the federal government's debt. It seems that they have a debt ceiling and they are fast approaching it.

What is it?

The current debt limit is $8.965 trillion for the US government.

C'mon, say it with me.... WOW.

Apparently the government is so close reaching that debt limit that Congress will be asked to lift the limit. Seems it needs to be lifted so that the government can keep operating and pay it's debt obligations.

Wow. That is, um, I can't even form a thought on this. The economy is in the crapper, they lowered the interest rate and the dollar hit an all time low against the Euro and now they are in danger of not being able to pay debt obligations and even keep operating.

Someone needs to get the US government on a debt diet. Where is Dave Ramsey when you need him?

All I can say is that I cannot wait until we get someone new in office. I mean, geesh, check this out...

The Senate Finance Committee earlier this month approved increasing the limit on the national debt to $9.82 trillion. That boost of $850 billion would be the fifth increase in the government's borrowing limit since President Bush took office in 2001.


Wow.

I'd really like to be able to move out of this country with a quickness. The way things are going here...I dunno, it's going to take a lot to get everything fixed.

No comments: