Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Thoughts on America's Cheapest Family book

I recently finished reading America's Cheapest Family Gets You Right on the Money: Your Guide to Living Better, Spending Less, and Cashing in on Your Dreams by Steve and Annette Economides. (I'm still reading the Tightwad Gazette and had to finish this one first as I was not able to renew this one) If you have not read it you should totally pick it up as it's a good read. I had to wait a few weeks on the waiting list to get it from my library.

They also have a website that I have not had a chance to check out yet. Just from glancing at the page I see that they are gonna be on 20/20 on August 31st, which is Friday.

There were a lot of useful things in the book, but as someone that has a travel weakness I was particularly interested in how the whole family went on a vacation to Washington, D.C. for not a whole lot of money. In fact, this section of the book was where I found of the most unique tips.

They bought a crock pot at a thrift store once they arrived so that they could cook meals in their hotel room, and thus save on food costs. That is an awesome idea! I have used those little mini coffee pots to make soup and oatmeal before but this will be way better.

If you haven't read it yet you may want to give it a try.

No comments: