Saturday, May 5, 2007

more on alternative income

For those of you interested in what I have been selling on eBay - I'm mostly doing just short (6-12 pgs) e-books on things like travel/location guides and some feng shui stuff. Basically, I took some of the research I was doing for my Associated Content articles and made some e-books at the same time. And I try out new e-books when they have $0.20 listing days so that I don't waste a lot of money in listing fees if they do not sell. Honestly, I was a bit shocked that people actually paid for e-books on eBay, but I thought I'd give it a shot. People really will buy just about anything.

As for what I am doing on Associated Content...Honestly, I refer to it as writing tripe for pay.
Associated Content takes articles on just about anything. You can choose to send them something with exclusive or non-exclusive rights. The difference in pay is usually around $1. The minimum word for all articles is 400, unless there is a special content request, called a CSO, where they minimum pay rate is higher so the word counter is usually higher as well. You learn what the CSO are by signing up for their newsletter.

In my experience with them, they are looking for keyword-rich articles. They don't buy opinion pieces at all. And all news pieces that get payment are a flat $5. You also get a performance bonus that is based on page views.

The pay range is supposed to be from $3 - $20. The most I've gotten from them is $10.22 and the lowest was $4.00. They usually take around 5 business days to review your work when you submit it. They pay by PayPal on Mon/Wed/Fri.

Here's a link to what all they have published of mine,
http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/57690/sl_newman.html

And here is a referral link if you want to sign up,
http://www.associatedcontent.com/join.html?refer=57690

Let me know if you guys have any other questions.

No comments: