Monday, September 29, 2008

When you don't get what you paid for

This past week I had two instances where the quality I rec'd was not what I had paid for. And that is really disappointing and annoying. First, I decided to try some Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It is way more expensive than my usual brand. However Sam's has a super size vat of it for cheap, so I thought I would get a small bottle at the local grocery store to try out. Blech! I much prefer the cheapo kind from Big Lots! And I totally feel like I did not get what I paid for.

Next, I ordered three bags of coffee from Joffrey's coffee. This is $12 a bag coffee. And either they did something different or had a fluke or just plain sent me the wrong coffee. Why? Because it tastes all wrong. And it is not even drinkable. And to add insult to injury, I had added three different sample sizes to my order at $0.01 each and none of them arrived with my order! Sure, it was only three cents but it is still annoying!

Tomorrow I am calling both Bertolli's and Joffrey's coffee to see what can be done about this.

No comments: