Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Need a reason to not dine out tonight?

Are you trying to cut back on the amount of money that you spend dining out each month? I know how hard that can be. I used to be the same way. And it actually took a while for me to get to the point that I am at now. Basically I only dine out if it can't be helped. And I define that like this:
  • Meals with family/friends
  • Job interview/appointment/etc. that necessitates being away from home at meal time
  • Travel (if I didn't bring food)
  • Any other reason that has me away from home at meal time and I am without snacks (like traffic or an errand that takes longer than expected) - but only if I can't wait to eat till I get home!

If I had not gotten to this point though, I know something that would put the kibosh on dining out. It might work for you. Just go to the Consumerist and read the recent story titled: "Whole Chicken Breast" Actually Chicken Part Composite and then throw up in your mouth a little bit and vow to never dine out again.

The end.

No comments: