Sunday, February 10, 2008

Worse than the big bad wolf

I don't know how weather is where you live today but it is hella windy where I live.

I live on the 3rd floor (top) apartment in my building. Each time the wind blows, which is approximately every 3.2 seconds, I am afraid that the top of the building will just blow right off.

Okay, so maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration but it is some strong wind I tell ya. Weather.com says it is 40 mph gusts. I looked out the window in my computer room to see a small tree bent over in the wind earlier today.

And after lunch I peeked out the window again. What I saw was slightly funnier than a bent over tree. Instead of seeing the green grass that separates my building from then next one I saw something else.

Shingles!

There are shingles from the roof all over the ground!

However this concerns me for a couple of reasons.

1. I am on the top floor. So if there is a roof leak that means a leak in my apartment. And it is supposed to be a "wintry mix" tomorrow.

2. My car is in the parking lot on the other side of this building. Hopefully nothing else has flown from anywhere and landed on the car. I am planning to get rid of it in a few months and really do not need any damage to it before that happens.

Of course, it's too freaking cold out for me to go and check. Earlier when I looked at weather.com it had the wind chill below zero. The actual temp has dropped 5 degrees since then. I guess I'll check out the car when I go to work in the morning.

But I'm sure it's fine. It just might have a few shingles on it.

No comments: