Monday, July 2, 2007

Black clouds moving on out

Ever heard the saying about how it's always darkest before the dawn, or something like that. Basically, before things get any better, they're gonna get worse. Why does that always have to be true?

June was a not-so-great month financially. I paid my rent late by accident ( I thought I had 5 grace days, but I only had 3). Geico unceremoniously cancelled my insurance without warning and my new insurance is $200 more each period (6 months). Had some hospital bills come due. Chase decided my 16.24% card needed a 29.99% interest rate.

But, thankfully, the black clouds seem to be moving on out. My work has offered up 3 Saturdays for overtime. For me, that would amount to about $400 extra, which would be awesome.
Priority #1 - pay off that blasted Chase card!

2 comments:

SavingDiva said...

Did you have a late payment for your Chase card? Did you go over the limit? I've never had a card just double it's interest rate on me, so I was wondering if there was a reason...

gypsytraveler said...

They said something about my ratio of debt to available credit was too high. :(