Tuesday, May 1, 2007

a first glance back at April

In gathering all my info, it looks like April was a less than stellar month for me overall. In some ways it was awesome (alternative income streams) but my spending was higher than usual because of the trip that I took to NYC. Of course, I knew that it was going to put a damper on things. All things considered, it looks like things are pretty good as that trip was not as devastating as it could have been.

The good thing for the month is that I sat down with my other half and we really looked at finances, etc. and came up with a pretty good plan of attack and a loose idea of where we want to go as far as goals. And that led to the Amsterdam discovery.

There's also been a lot of frustration on the job hunting front. I've discovered that it's hard being a woman with an MBA as I see less qualified people around me getting the jobs I desire. But I am forging ahead. There has to be someone that wants to pay me what I am worth, or at least close to it, in a position that I would enjoy. I just have to find them. On the horizon I have an interview for a Fin Analyst position with JP Morgan Chase. I'm not sure they'll be a good fit for me, but I'm going to feel it out anyway.

No comments: