Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Hooray for free food!

I love holidays with big family meals because I like free leftovers.

For my family Easter gathering I had to bring some asparagus. Cost = $6.24.
I was given turkey, noodles, mashed potatoes, and loads more, easily enough for 2 meals for the two of us, if not three meals. All for the cost of $6.24. So I guess technically it was not free, but close enough.

I'm still focusing on reigning in my food spending, so this helps a lot. I've also noticed that making things that last a while, like lasagna, is doing wonders for the food budget. Not only does it last a while which saves money, but it makes easy-to-make lunches for work. So, if I can find a few more things like that then my largest food expense will be on Smart Water. hooray!

1 comment:

zacharyfruhling said...

mmmmm. Holiday leftovers!