Friday, September 19, 2008

Most affordable housing markets

I recently an article on Business Week's website that listed the 10 most affordable housing markets in the US. Even though I am in no place to buy a home, I had a look at the list to see what places were on it. I was kind of surprised by what I saw. Have a look at the list below and see if you have the same thoughts as me. The list is numbered in order of most affordable.
  1. Indianapolis/ Carmel, Indiana
  2. Youngstown/ Warren/ Boardman, Ohio
  3. Detroit/ Dearborn, Michigan
  4. Warren/ Troy/ Farmington Hills, Michigan
  5. Grand Rapids/ Wyoming, Michigan
  6. Toledo, Ohio
  7. Dayton, Ohio
  8. Akron, Ohio
  9. Syracuse, New York
  10. Scranton/ Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Now, have a look at that for a moment. Notice anything those places have in common? A hideous local economy! No wonder houses are affordably priced - good luck finding a job to pay for it though! And until recently I lived in Ohio and I know how bad the job market is there.

No comments: