Thursday, April 24, 2008

Electric bill woes

Not all that long ago we moved from a rather large 2 bedroom townhouse apartment to a smaller two bedroom apartment that is not a townhouse. In the old apartment the space around the front door was amazing. When it rained, if it was blowing rain, it ended up in the living room. So I can only imagine how much less our electric bill would have been if the place had been made a bit better.

So, when we moved I was looking forward to a lower electric bill.

Ha!

It has been $99 and some change each month. And for the life of me I do not know why!

After getting about tired of that I spent the last month doing as much as possible to use as little electricty as possible. I unplug things when they are not in use. I try to use natural lighting so that I do not need to use a lamp. I try to use the heat & A/C as little as possible. I was doing some extreme electricity saving.

So, I got my new electric bill in the mail yesterday.

Want to know my savings?

Less than $9! Can you believe that?! I do not know what is going on here. And we cannot possibly use any less electricity than we already are. It is so frustrating.

No comments: