Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hospital bill woes

We have some hospital bills from July that we have been making payments on. The bills were for some MRIs. Insurance covered 80%. But that remaining 20% was no small amount. We arranged a payment plan with the hospital.

Imagine my surprise when a collection agency sends us a letter demanding payment in full. Apparently it does not matter that there was a payment plan. If the bill is past due then they can send it to a collection agency. It just doesn't seem right.

And there will be more MRIs this summer as a follow up. We don't have to go to that same hospital. And after this shenanigan you better believe we won't!

No comments: