- Taking out more in student loans than I needed for classes. I spent the extra on traveling. D'oh.
- Spending my first 2 years of college at an expensive private school instead of at a community college. Most of my classes didn't transfer to the public school I got my degree from.
- Paying for my master's degree myself instead of finding a job that did tuition reimbursement.
- Selling my previous paid off car just because I wanted a new car.
- Not saving my money as a teen.
- Cashing out a 401K after leaving a job when I didn't know any better. D'oh.
- Signing up for all of the credit cards! Big d'oh and a swift kick in the arse.
Thankfully I feel a bit smarter about things now. So, I suppose this list could look a bit worse.