Thursday, July 19, 2007

what happens next?

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what’s next. Once I get out from under all of this debt, what will happen? What will I do? (besides cartwheels)

I’ve thought about the prospect of home buying. But I don’t think that is a good idea for me. Yes, I hate idea that renting means I’m basically throwing away money. However, I don’t plan on staying in US. And the monthly rent on and apartment is much less than a home payment would be. Mainly because of that I think I can end up with a better quality of life renting than buying. And I’ll be able to sock away money allowing compound interest to work for me. If my rent for an apartment is only $500, then once I get all this debt paid off I won’t have to work at a job I hate just to pay the bills. Instead, I’ll be able to be more selective about what job I take. And I think I would lose that to some extent with a mortgage payment.

It’s frustrating though because living in apartments is frustrating. However it seems like that is the best option for me, at least looking at it now that’s what I think. But I'm a long way off from having to worry about it :)

No comments: