Thursday, May 24, 2007

I think all banks are evil

On MSN today I saw the headline "Six signs your bank is evil," which is kind of funny as I think all banks are evil. I mean, c'mon you get a deposit and some checks post in the same night but they post the checks before the deposit just so they can charge you NSF fees. Evil.

The story is here. And what are the evil signs?

  1. Checks clear almost immediately; deposits take days
  2. Stacking the deck against you - this is what I'm talking about!
  3. Charging for 'potential' overdrafts - say what?
  4. The oxymoronic 'courtesy overdraft'
  5. Fat fees for using personal-finance software - they don't want to send you paper statements for free, yet they don't want to you download for free. wtf?
  6. Closing accounts because of bad credit - this is of course in reference to the new ING checking accounts.

Fact: Banks are indeed evil.

You heard it here first.

Now, if it was just feasible for me to keep all my money in a shoebox under my bed...

No comments: