Thursday, March 1, 2007

Getting things in order

As depressing as it might be, I've begun gathering up totals for my debt. Not counting student loans, here's what I'm looking at so far:
  • Car loan balance = $12,888.56
  • Total credit card balances = $30,356.85

Ouch. That's a total of $43,245.41...without student loans! Curse those credit card tables at college. And those credit card applications that fell out of every freaking overpriced textbook I had to buy.

Next step, add up all the student loan debt, look at interest rates for all bills individually as well as minimum payments. Then - devise a plan. Oh, a find a new job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link love! I have added you to my blogroll as well. ;) Good job adding up your total debt, I know it can be daunting, but as painful as it is, it's better to know where you stand than be in the dark. Now you can take action and really buckle down and make some dents in it! Looking forward to reading more of your posts.