Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Wow, this make me feel like schmuck

So, as I spend my time trying to think of how I can make $500,000 as soon as I can I come across this story. I can't imagine living on $6.50/hr like the woman in the story. I'm trying to remember the last time I got paid that little....it would have to be over 10 years ago. When I was in high school I worked at a restaurant as a hostess and made $6.75/hr. When I got my first apartment a few years later I was making over $8/hr. Of course, those were the Clinton years and I was working retail making that much. I suspect that if I went out today for the same job it would pay considerably less.

In reading this article, I noticed that this woman only had one job, until her recent foray into pet sitting. I've considered the possibility of getting two jobs. The stress would be horrible, as would the lack of an actual life, but it would have me making more cash, thus getting to my goal quicker. Of course, I'd really like to be my own boss. You know, have a great business idea that would allow me to make lots of cash on my own...and quickly!

No comments: